- The rapidly changing weather patterns in Pakistan due to climate change has increased the energy insecurity in Country.
- Pakistan’s energy sector is the primary contributor in emitting GHG emissions.
- To meet the challenges pertaining to climate change goals, Pakistan needs to fulfil energy requirements of its citizens to absorb climate change impacts and to implement mitigation and adaptation policies.
- The dependence on thermal based energy plants combined with fragile and ineffective distribution and transmission system has increased the energy loses up to 60 per cent in Pakistan.
- The existing grid infrastructure across Pakistan is extremely outdated and not compatible for the absorption of renewable energy.
- Without revamping the existing energy infrastructure and technological advancement, the implementation of renewable energy policies would not prove effective.